Sunday, July 31, 2011

Hexbound by Chloe Neill


Title: Hexbound
Author: Chloe Neill
Series: The Dark Elite (Book 2)
Genera: Supernatural/paranormal romance
Subjects: Magic, boarding schools, psychics, vampires, werewolves
Length: 246 pgs. Paperback
Rating: ê ê ê ê ê +


This is the sequel to Firespell. Lily’s still getting used to being an Adept with the power of Firespell as well as a new student at St. Sophia’s Boarding School for girls in downtown Chicago. Her roommate, Scout, is a Spellbinder, and can create spells and make them work. Lily’s boyfriend. Her life has changed so much since she moved to Chicago. So when things get weirder, and strange rat-like creatures show up and attack in the tunnel the Adept of Enclave 3 patrol as well as Reapers and Vampires and their turf wars, Lily and her friends in Enclave 3 must band together. Lily’s power may be grawing, but she will need all the help she can get.

I love this series. I live in a suburb of Chicago, so I am especially liking the setting. It makes it easier to picture what’s going on where because I’ve been downtown many times. And Jason is from Naperville, which is only a few miles away. A werewolf? From here? Seriously? I can relate to Lily because she is artistic. I love to draw and paint too. And I love all the fun dialog. This book was never boring. Scout says a lot of funny stuff. I wish I read this book sooner, like back in January when it came out. I totally recommend this book to all paranormal lovers. If you like Hex Hall, House of Night, read Firespell, and you will love it. Then read Hexbound. Then visit Chicago. Lol.


Art Review: I love this cover way more than the first book’s. I love the green and blue color combo, and Lily with fire spell in hand. It looks so awesome. Wish it was hardcover so it could look even cooler.

No comments:

Post a Comment