Thursday, July 7, 2011

Bumped by Megan McCafferty

Title: Bumped


Author: Megan McCafferty


Genera: Sci-fi dystopia


Subjects: pregnancy, dystopia, twins




Rating: ê ê ê ê




Bumped is a very unique dystopian novel set 25 years in the future after a virus caused everyone over 18 to become infertile. Teenage girls become surrogates for older couples. The media is pushing teen to have sex and prevent extinction.




The book switched between the perspectives of newly reacquainted identical twin sisters Melody and Harmony. They start to question what they have been taught about what is right in society. Melody has a contract to pregg professionally for a rich couple. Harmony grew up living by the rules of the Church, forced into a marriage she doesn’t truly want.


This novel is creative and full of fun word play (pegging, egging, MaSEXtinction parties, Do the Deed, Born to Breed…ect.) It’s filled with humor (especially the Melody parts). It’s a great read for both teenage girls and possibly their mothers.


I really enjoyed the funny parts and awesome twists. I don’t want to spoil it. Read it, you won’t regret it.


Art review:

Not much I can say. It’s pretty simple. An egg, pregg……the text is very sci-fi-chic.



~Haley G

2 comments:

  1. Your blog is gorgeous! I found you on Book Bloggers. I am your newest GFC. I clicked on the GFC and it says I am following but it did not show me as a follower and it did not change the number of followers.

    Patricia

    http://itstimetoreadmamaw.blogspot.com/
    http://itsabouttimemamaw.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I'm a new follower, found you on Book Blogs!
    I read this one, and wasn't really into it. I think I expected something different. Thanks for the review, though!
    Courtney
    Fuzzy.Coffee.Books

    ReplyDelete