Thursday, July 21, 2011

Fins Are Forever by Tera Lynn Childs

Title: Fins Are Forever

Author: Tera Lynn Childs


Series: Forgive My Fins (book 2)


Genera: Supernatural/paranormal/fantasy


Subjects: Mermaids, magic, kingdoms, family, romance, high school, college choice, career choice


Length: 261 pgs. Hardcover


Rating: ê ê ê ê


Sequel to Forgive My Fins. Lily’s 18th birthday is approaching and on that day she will renounce her title as princess of Thalassinia. She will become just plain old girl-next-store Lily, girlfriend of Quince. Lily has never thought about going to college until now because she didn’t need it to rule her kingdom. She wants a career that she can still help her kingdom from above with. And SAT are coming up. As Lily would say, Damselfish! Her cousin Doe shows up on her door step and says she’s been exiled. What did Doe do to get such a punishment? When Doe starts going after Lily’s old crush, Brody, Lily knows that her trouble are just going to get worse and worse. Mers aren’t built for this much stress. How will Lily survive till her birthday, let alone the SATs?


I really like these books. They’re so fun to read. Tera Lynn Childs is very chick-lit, like Meg Cabot. There’s humor, romance and one problem on top of another. But, this squel started off kind of slow. Not much seemed to happen until a lot happened at once. I think I like the 1st book better, but this one is definitely worth the shot. Quince is still awesome and Lily is still a forgetful klutz. Add Doe into the mix and you get some crazy and ridiculous conflict going. Doe hates humans, but she sure knows how to fit in. I really liked the parts when Doe asks “What’s an email?” or “So that’s a camera?”


Really, give the sequel a shot. Read Forgive My Fins and then Fins Are Forever.


Art Review: I think I love this cover better than the 1st books! I know the girl looks nothing like Lily, but teal hair is awesome! I love the colors! I wanna do that to my hair on photoshop! She looks like a mermaid, so it’s very obvious that this is a mermaid book, but the cover is kind of too glossy. But it’s totally fit for a summer read look.


~Haley G

2 comments:

  1. This is next on my TBR list. I thought Forgive my Fins was sweet, and just a fun summer read, so I am excited to dive into (ha ha!) Fins are Forever! Thanks for the review!
    Courtney
    Fuzzy.Coffee.Books

    ReplyDelete
  2. What IS lily supposed to look like?

    ReplyDelete