Sunday, August 7, 2011

Darkness Becomes Her by Kelly Keaton

Title: Darkness Becomes Her

Author: Kelly Keaton

Series: Gods and Monsters

Genera: Science-fiction/supernatural/paranormal romance

Subjects: Monsters, Mythology, Dystopian, New Orleans, Curses

Length: 273 pgs. Hardcover

Rating: ê ê ê ê

Ari travels to New 2, a dystopian version of New Orleans, in search of the truth behind her mother’s death, and also in search of her father. Ari is weird, but tough. Her hair is the color of moonlight (and not cut-able or dye-able) and eyes an unnatural teal. Ari finds out the her ancestors are cursed, and die by age 21. Oh, and that the Goddess Athena is after her. So, the love interest is a guy named Sebastian who has some special abilities. Some of the other characters have abilities too. It’s really interesting.

Also, I can completely see what they meant when they said "Part Twilight, Lightning Thief and Maximum Ride." Twilight for the vamps. Lightning Thief for the god/goddess Greek stuff. Ari is soooooooooooo like Max from Maximum Ride. She's tough, takes care of herself. Too bad she doesn't have a flock or anything. I'd like to add that this book takes place in a dystopian version of New Orleans (Maybe adding a bit of Hunger Games to the mix) and it's urban fantasy so if you like faery books, then you'll like this. This book has so much variety: Gods, Vampires, Witches, Monsters, ects….

I liked the variety, and I’m sure that I will read the next book when it comes out. I highly suggest this book. It’s fast passed. You can read it in less than a day.

Art Review: The cover looks awesome. The gate is probably some New Orleans land mark, but I’ve never been there. The title’s text looks cool, and I like that shade of blue. I like the metallic matte fence and then a glossy black tree. I saw the sequel’s cover, and it looks cool too, but it has green instead of blue.

~Haley G

No comments:

Post a Comment