Monday, December 31, 2012

Best Book I've Read 2012

Happy New Year's Eve! I filled out this forum from Epic Reads. It's a list of categories for the "best of." Here's the books of 2012 that I enjoyed.
All answer are books that I've read this year that also came out this year. Some awesome books that came out this year I haven't read will probably be read by me next year (Can't wait to start Pandmonium, Insurgent and Defiance)

Best Book I read in 2012: Hallowed by Cynthia Hand

Best Debut: Valkyrie Rising by Ingrid Paulson

Best Sequel: Hallowed by Cynthia Hand

Best Conclusion to a series: Endlessly by Kiersten White

Best Standalone: Ten by Gretchen McNeil (Unless Valkyrie Rising is a stand alone)

Best Cover: Incarnate by Jodi Meadows

Author you want more from in 2013: Gretchen McNeil

Best Historical Fiction: The Gathering Storm by Robin Bridges (Pretty much the only historical fiction book I've read this year. Not of fan of Hist Fic)

Best Dystopian: Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi

Best Paranormal: Until I Die by Amy Plum

Cutest Couple: Ellie and Tucker from Valkyrie Rising

Sexiest Scene: Kate and Vincent's picnic in Until I Die. (I can't really remember any specific sexy scenes).

World You Never Want to Live In:The Hunt by Andrew Fukuda (Especially if you're a human)

Real Feels (aka: Best Realistic Fiction): No Safety in Numbers by Dayna Lorentz (I don't read realistic fiction, but sci-fi realist is okay)

Messy Tears (aka: Best Tear Jerker): Until I Die by Amy Plum or Hallowed by Cynthia Hand (The deaths in the books)

Favorite World: Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo

Best Retelling: Either: Cinder by Marissa Meye or Ten by Gretchen McNeil

Best Sidekick: Vik from Insignia. (Doctors of Doom...lol...)

January 2013 Release You're Most Excited to Read: Boundless by Cynthia Hand

http://www.epicreads.com/forum/read.php?44,1452

~Haley G

No comments:

Post a Comment