Thursday, September 1, 2011

Awaken by Katie Kacvinsky

Title: Awaken
Author: Katie Kacvinsky
Genera: Dystopian Science Fiction
Subjects: resistance to government, technology
Length: 309 pgs. Hardcover
Rating: ê ê ê ê

In Maddie’s world, everyone does everything on computers. Digital School is how people are educated. People work from home mainly. Shopping is done only online. It just so happens that Maddie’s dad is the person who designed Digital School. Maddie betrayed him once by giving a group that was anti-DS information. Maddie meets Justin, a guy who likes being around people. Him and his family are very anti-DS. Maddie starts to fall in love with Justin. Read to find out what happens.
I like this book. The dystopia here takes the information age we have now to the extreme. I can’t imagine doing everything only on a computer. I get sick on my computer a lot and I love nature, so this dystopia could really be an eye-opener for some people. This book was better and had more action than I thought it would. Based of the cover and description, I thought it would be slow. Not slow at all. Amazingly creative world building, interesting characters, and a spectacular plot. You will not want to put this book down!
Art Review:
Interesting cover. The flowers in the jar seems to be metaphorical. I like the gold-green lighting. It reminds me the The Fray album covers.
~Haley G

No comments:

Post a Comment